11 Aug Making Clove Oil
Posted at 05:26h in Athenaeum, Bibliotheca, Cooking, DIY, Health, Herbs and OIls, Incense, Repository 0 Comments
Making Clove Oil
Clove Oil has all kinds of wonderful uses. It is widely popular to use cloves to ease swelling and pain from tooth infections in the mouth.
6 grams of fresh whole cloves
Half Cup of Olive Oil
You will also need:
Mortar and Pestle Or Spice Grinder
Large Coffee Filter
String (cotton or hemp)
- Grind Your Cloves.
- Put the ground cloves in the center of the coffee Filter.
- Close and Tie the end of the coffee filter closed with the string.
- Pour a half cup of Olive oil in a Mason Jar.
- Make a lid on the top of the jar with tin foil and push the top in to make a convex lid.
- Heat water in a large pot and place a second pot inside the first pot to create a double boiler.
- Place your mason jar with cloves and oil in the second pot.
- Allow the cloves to heat in the double boiler for 45 minutes.
- Remove the jar and let sit for one week with the cloves inside the jar.
- Remove the coffee filter and cloves from the jar.
- Try a few drops!